Sunday, March 25, 2012

Shit Just got real.

So, I been MIA. Ive been working two jobs, gym, and trying to get this life together in general (which clearly isn't working really well since I been trying to do that since I started this blog in 2010). Its taken a toll and I neglected the blog which I said I would never do because its been a release and my sanity for some time. But I am guilty of abandoning it temporarily. However, Im trying… y'all know the motto. Say it together now y'all… "BABY STEPS"

But anywhoot, I just came from an… umm… interesting trip to ATL. Spent time with some people I really care about and got to see somethings that in all my trips down there never experienced. Including the MLK Jr Center. It touched my heart, it sent my mind in a frenzy but humbled me immensely. Here this regular man, lead a nation to a better future, and I couldn't even get mine solely together. I had been saying for weeks that once ATL was done Id get back on my shit. Getting my life in order for real. Schedule, budgets, the whole nine…

So as I am flat ironing my hair, i see a sparkle…in my hair… I'm like… "what the whole fuck is this?!?! Nah… my hair can't be that shiny… its jet black…"

I run for a pair of a tweezers and remove the following…


Yes, ladies and maybe some gentleman… that is a GRAY HAIR.

SHIT. JUST. GOT. SO. REAL.

I knew my ass was old… 27 looks good on me but feels like 53. My bones hurt y'all… but this… this was a gray hair… the stress, the age, the burden… it was making itself public. Jesucristo…

I immediately sent a pic message to my jawns, with the panic in each word… and of course they laughed at me hoes. One replied…"I hear it means wisdom" in which i replied "And if it means wisdom make me young and dumb"

However, I know I didn't mean it. We all talk shit but every day lived is a lesson learned. Not just about the world, but about yourself. I actually sat there and thought…" is this wench gassing me… I don't have wisdom. " But know more than I did yesterday. And i know I am better for it. I look at amazing woman and they embrace their age because they know their age is not something to be hidden but celebrated because there is a lesson behind every laugh line, a love lost for ever wrinkle, and wisdom for every silver strand. They wear it with grace, like metals on a soldier. Proudly. So even though I hastily removed this one, the next will be left alone. Ill see the positivity in the strand… its a reminder that every day I get wiser…

Plus I color my hair monthly so it won't show for long anyways…lol

No comments:

Post a Comment