Monday, October 8, 2012

Nostalgic



I miss number exchanging. Awkward smiles. Butterflies in my tummy instead of acid reflux. First kisses. Believing that romantic comedy endings are not far fetched. Getting excited for Skype sessions. Dressing up for dates. The warmth of knowing someone you care about is in the same bed as you... Cause something about their body heat is just perfect. Naming y'all fake/future children. I miss the "in love" sex. The scariness of the first argument, then the joy of overcoming it.  Running my fingers through a beard.  Kissing a shoulder just cause. Rubbing your hands across their body cause i love the feel of skin. I miss the bass in their voice when they try and reassure you they aren't going anywhere because your insecurities got the best of you. Sending good night texts. Getting good morning calls.  Be able to say I love you to someone and KNOWING you'll get a response back. And that response won't come with stipulations and bullshit like a significant other they just cant leave, or not being in the same book, nevermind the same page. I miss giving surprises.. And the look on their face cause you got it just right. I miss consistency.  I miss someone getting me excited to learn live and love with them. And nervous to see if they want to do the same with me. I miss the feelings in this song. Maybe I will have them again one day.




But not tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment