Tuesday, April 26, 2011

How soon is "too soon"

Y'all Know I love good convo over food. This was over House Lo Mein and Dumplings with my sister.

For the sake of discussion, lets pretend I am not a virgin...

If I start dating someone, not a friend or someone who has a lot of mutual friends, but someone who is a random person, or a friend to one person... how soon is too soon to have sex? Your casually dating someone, and like them. Want a second third or fourth date. Maybe even a relationship long run. How soon is too soon?

She said 6 months -____-

She says that that's ample time to know about their sexual history, their past, if their crazy, who their friends are, if the condom breaks and you get pregnant decide if you want to have a child with this person, blah blah blah...

I love her dearly, but lets not get crazy.

6 MONTHS THO!?!?!

In my opinion, 6 months or 6 years, its take a lifetime to truly know someone and you still can't even know. People change... I was with David for almost 8, knew him for 10. I never knew he was this spiteful, petty and vindictive. That's not the person I agreed to marry. That's not the person I fell in love with. That's not the person I would of willing opened up my womb and risked stretch marks to bear his child. So why deprive myself of sex for so long to avoid this?

I'm not saying have sex with someone after 30 minutes, or have one night stands all crazy. I am so NOT about that life...

BUT 6 MONTHS THO!?!?!

She said its different if you date someone your friends know cause its safer. I dont agree. No one goes around telling they friends all willy nilly "Son, just came back from the clinic, got that HIV but I'm still chillen" or "Yea, stalked the sh.t out the girl I'm dating last night. Followed her home and sniffed her panties while she slept" No one says that to their friends!!! And if he does, he needs to be committed. I don't think they more mutual friends you have the safer you are. Probably the more familiar. But not safer.

Like I said, I'm not saying be a Jezebel... BUT 6 MONTHS THO!?!?!

Sheesh

No comments:

Post a Comment