Monday, January 30, 2012

A/S/L

Send the face with the tongue cause Im nasty...

Yall remember those online chatrooms that used to be poppin back in 2001? Everyone was on AOL trying to find a boo or talk their shit. Yea. Those. I was all up in those… SheCaramel85 ya heard me!… Little did I we know those were the beginning of the end.

Myspace, BlackPlanet, Facebook, Instagram, TWITTER (the ultimate devil), has ruined communication. Period. Now this sounds crazy coming from me right? I tweet all day. I have no reason not too. But I have a confession… I hate talking on the phone.

WHEW! There… I said it. Something about the phone is like the most awkward thing for me. I cant gauge people inflections in their voice; I never know what to do when there are awkward silences in the air, and I think my voice is weird so I feel like people are judging how I sound. Yea. Yea. Yea…. I know. I’m loony. But it’s true. If I can text, I will. I feel more controlled. I can gauge conversations myself, and can never be misquoted or misquote because it right there. IN WRITING! I even like skyping better because you can see the persons face. Any awkward silences are filled with facial expressions. And it feels more personal… like its an in person convo… which I can hold for dayssssss.

However, I know I am not the only one. Social networks and technology have made the process of building relationships completely different. The game has changed people. I used to love writing my friends notes, I remembered everyone’s phone numbers by heart. We used to actually have to meet up to spend time together. Guys took you to the movies. Courting wasn’t done virally. There was interaction, connections.There was life.

Don’t get me wrong. I love me some technology. It gives people platforms and resources that were never available before. My blogging is my release. Before this blog I used to color my hair, go for a looooong walk or run at all times of the night, or get a tat/piercing if I was upset and didn’t know how to express my thoughts. Id it wasn’t for this blog Id be bald, kidnapped, or look like a chubby light skin little Wayne. I’ve made connections on twitter that I would have never made without. Like genuine real connections that I absolutely cherish. It’s when people use wifi for deceit. If it was legal to marry an object, Id be a polygamist with my iPhone and MacBook.

People aren’t themselves on these networks. And that saddens me. Why use technology for evil? I am awkward, loud, doofy, rude, vulgar, a nerd, corny, and I snort. I don’t hide that. You know why...? Cause the people who can appreciate that, I want around. I love when someone texts me a joke and I can actually hear their voice saying it or envision their faces. These people who create this fake persona of living a lavish life when they owe 17 people money, I do not respect. The people who play themselves off as a sex symbol when they SMS inbox less active then a nun’s moot… I don’t respect. Those always talking about don't press them unless you sucking them off but their dick dryer than stale bread... I dont respect. Those people who steal other peoples style because they don’t want to take the time to learn about themselves and what they like and feel comfortable with… for themselves. I. Do. Not. Respect.

So here you are, thinking your making real connections with these fake people… but eventually what’s done in the dark… comes to light. Now you are using these same social media avenues that brought yall together to tear each other down. Sending subs, posting nak_d pics of your ex, talking about your relationship (platonic or romantic) with some follower you’ve never met versus talking with the person you have an issue with.

Yall make it dirty. Make people become anti-social on social networks. It’s crazy. And at the end of the day, the sites don’t create the problem. It’s the people behind the user name that create the problem. However, because there is no normal interactions… gut feelings can’t be relied on… instead you sending texts to mutual followers like “how you know @____? They cool?”.

Am I telling yall to stop indulging in social sites…? Hell no cause I’m not… Shiiiit…I’m about to tweet right now! I’m just saying be careful, be cautious, but more importantly… be yourself.

Safe social networking people… It’s a Cold WorldNo Snuggie

No comments:

Post a Comment