Friday, January 13, 2012

No Letting Go...

I hate him. He is a bum. I don’t even talk to him anymore. Why is he texting me? Ugh, I think I miss him…

No, that is not a piece from the Shit Black Girls say YouTube videos. That’s real life. I’m going to say something to fuck your day up ladies, we all have one guy that has a hold on us. Some of you are reading this like “but why Sio doing this right now?” Sorry, but it has to be addressed. Acceptance is the first step to recovery I hope.

You know he isn’t good for you. He doesn’t call you like the other one(s), he doesn’t know remember things like them, he is rude, he is disrespectful, he is not who you want to be with. Long story short, he is poison. But you don’t even care if he is cause then you’d get to die in his arms. You can’t even explain. You have no reason as to why he calls and you go running like black people who heard the words “Free Henny”. The last time you spoke, you swore it would be the last time y’all spoke. But then his name (probably something crazy in your phone like “Hemorrhoid”, or “This Nigga Right Here”) pops up on the caller id, and you look at the phone resisting the urge to hit ignore but end up pressing the green button all. the. time. And it’s not even just the sex (sometimes it has nothing to do with the sex)… You honestly have no clue what it is… there is no reason that anyone can figure out. It may not even be love… but Lord knows its something…

and as quiet as its kept... the sex with a man who has a hold on you... OH

Now to you who say, “I don’t have that one; no one got a hold on me”, I hear you girl. Round of Applause to you. No Drake. Oh, but you not safe chile. He is coming. If he ain’t here already. You may not even know it honey. During the summer, someone said “All girls have that one nigga”… and I too was like you… I rolled my neck and said “Not me”… he said “No One?”... and I said “NO ONE” looking dead in his eyes with the determination of an angry pitbull. Unbeknownst to my dumb ass that the one who had a hold on me was standing right next to him. You can’t prevent it ladies… it like a brake failure car accident. You know its coming, but since you can’t stop it… you just have to brace yourself.

That hold is no joke. Depending on the level of it, you can legit feel a tug at your heart sometimes. Songs like “Bad Romance” and Chingy’s “Pulling Me back” let me know I ain’t cray. It lets me know its real. It’s a war… cause he know what he doing. They have the same issue, just not always with the same girl. When the hold is between the same people, Jesucristo… its like war. Youre always going back and forth. Wanting to get the one up cause you don’t want to feel like this alone. You want them to feel like they have no control and maybe like you have a just a bit of yours back… mamita its an illusion. Y’all both have lost control. Love in a hopeless place is y’all song… that video is you. Remember when Rihanna walked out that car… she felt all big and bad. Yea aight, that hoe got right back in though… You ain’t going no where… and you both know that.

Oh, but what about the dirty nigga who has a hold on you, but your hold on him about as tight as the elastic on an old pair of period panties. Yikes. Those are the worst kind. Cause most men love getting their ego stroked… and nothing is more of an ego booster than knowing they got someone they don’t give a fifth of a fuck about wrapped around their finger tighter that an regular condom on an African man (ps. Y’all have no idea how hard I giggled writing that). Ladies, beware of him. He will take advantage. No, HE. WILL. TAKE. ADVANTAGE. The best way I know how to save yourself this is never let them know they have that hold, even if you know you have a hold on them. Kind of like if no one mentions it, it doesn’t exist. I know lowkey I just said who has a hold on me earlier in this jawn, but I know he don’t read my blog so I’m safe. And if he did… I’d delete this whole post… word up.

Like I said, you cant prevent it. I just want you to be aware ladies. We got to stop lying to ourselves. Accept it so you can move on…. Or just come to terms that he will always have a special place in your heart…

No comments:

Post a Comment