Wednesday, July 21, 2010

All I need in this life of Sin...

Pardon Me, but I am about to get mushy

Monday July 21st 2003, was the first time I kissed the last person I would kiss for the rest of my life. Crazy right?

Me and Stinkface knew each other since December of 2001. I was 16, he was 21...(he sounds like R Kelley right now. lol). We didn't really speak til I was 17 though but since we exactly 2 weeks apart, he automatically turned 22. I instantly liked him. I told him this but he doesn't believe me. I remember exactly what he was wearing too. It was a royal blue jersey, a royal blue fitted. He also had white and royal blue Retro Jordan 11's. I remembered cause I wanted them but I knew they weren't out yet. I asked him where he got them and he said he went on the website and had them shipped from Japan. I think that's when the crush started. Lol... We were going on a full day trip for our job to a rollerskating ring. Poor thing couldn't skate. He fell and bust his ass. LMAO. I don't know how the friendship continued but it did. We lost touch for a bit. Then miraculously he hit me up for my 18th birthday. *side eye at Stinkface for the coincidence*. We started chilling and I considered him my best male friend. We both had just broken up with the people we were dating, and I had been going through a lot. He was there through it all. He offered to be my prom date and I was so so happy. Even when me and my ex got back together (for the month), I told him I wasn't dropping Stinkface as a prom date.

Fast forward to prom. May 22nd 2003. Now side note: I was a tom boy in high school. Me in a dress and heels with a fancy hairstyle was a tragedy, and him in a suit and trying to make braids look sophisticated, an equal tragedy.... but back to the story. 112- "Only You Plays" (random I know). He puts his hand on the small of my back as we are dancing, I lay my head on his shoulder, he raps Biggies verse in my ear, and from my best recollection, that the moment I fell in love with him...

Now, your probably saying, well if you fell in love in May, why is your anniversary in July. I am not aggressive when it came to men. I am very self conscious and all my male interactions we platonic. I had boyfriends, but never any that I approached. So I refused to put myself out there for someone I loved but I wasn't sure if they loved me back. So July 20th, 2003. We wanted to chill as much as possible before I went to Temple. I was actually heartbroken that I chose to go to school 100 miles away and may never see him again (cause people loose touch, relationships, and minds in college as I learned). We had no place to chill cause we couldn't drink at my house, and he lived with his mom still then and we couldn't drink there (this was 2003 when I drank like frank the tank, don't judge me). So we rented a *coughmotelcough* room and watched TV and just chilled. In the middle of a play fight at around 1am (now July 21st), he body slammed me (romantic eh?) and then kissed me...

I am writing this because I love this man with all my heart. We have been through high, low, and lowest. We have been broken up but our hearts never separated. I want everyone to know, who is always saying to me black love is so beautiful to know... it isn't. Its not the Notebook, or Titanic, or whatever fluffy ass love story the PB's come up with. It real, its stressful, it not a fairytale. I have tried to run this man over with a car. I have hit him in the head with a camera. He has ignored me for days. We are not perfect, but we are perfect for each other. He is the kindest, sweetest, most loving, corniest, most annoying man I have ever met in my life. His hugs feel like protection. His kisses feel like clouds. His words are my strength. His eyes are the mirror to my future. Not everyone believed in us, ourselves included. But God did, and that is all that we needed. I am not saying we over the worse, cause I truly do not know. What I do know is that we are 7 years in, and I don't plan on leaving short of death or him being on Maury *side eye at Stinkface again*


Happy Anniversary Babe.

3 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

    ReplyDelete
  2. His hugs feel like protection. His kisses feel like clouds. His words are my strength. His eyes are the mirror to my future. Not everyone believed in us, ourselves included. But God did, and that is all that we needed.

    #####That was poetry She!!

    Kia L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kiki... but its not poetry, just truth.

    ReplyDelete