Thursday, July 1, 2010

Why Bad Things Happen to Good People...

"The good die young"... "The nice guy finishes last"...

We have all heard these quotes before. Sad part is they are fairly true. My friend told me last night she has cancer. I'm not going to put her business out there but she is a great person who has always held me down. Of course I cried and wondered why her? I think everyone deserves to be happy and healthy as long as it doesn't hurt and anyone else, but I can think of a quite few people that are LESS deserving of being happy and healthy than her. It breaks my heart. Like literally.

My Facebook status is now "I hate that bad things happen to good people... and life seems great for those who aren't. I wish life was more fair" and some people responded to the post but i got a lot of messages asking if I was OK and that they wonder the same thing ever day. It sad. People work their lives away to get fired. People work to fill others lives with love to have their lives cut short, mothers trying to protect their kids get killed with stray bullets. I don't know if some of my TU people remember Irene. She was an AKA, worked at Commerce and a sweetheart. I check on FB and i see status updates saying RIP Irene...her random sudden death shocked everyone... "The good die young"

People try to comfort you, reassure you. "Everything happens for a reason" "There is never a testimony without a test" "Sometimes you live hell on earth to live in peace in heaven" Blah blah mother f*cking blah. This is supposed to reassure me? And you wonder why people commit suicide. They just trying to get to the part where they can be happy. Yet we have people who murder kids, rape little girls, or steal running our cities and states. People getting mad a C. Breezy cause he hit Rihanna... and wouldn't accept him after cause of what he did. He did deserve to be punished. He wasn't right. But previous interviews he talks about how he had to watch his mom get hit by his STEP-dad (so you can blame genetics or blood) and how he thinks that is disgusting. I truly believe in my heart that Rihanna did something horrific to make him snap like that. But I wasn't there, and neither were the millions of people who judge him but can't see the sh*t they do wrong on a daily basis. Parents blocking his music wouldn't stop little girls from getting beat. Sitting down an explaining to them that they shouldn't idolize anyone but God and that his actions were wrong is what will stop it. But I digress.

Now, don't get me wrong. I am a strong believer of the "Everything happens for a reason" but when I am going the my "everything" I don't want to hear that sh*t. Last year April, my grandfather almost bled to death in our bathroom, then had to get heart surgery, then I got in an accident with my first car because of brake failure, then Stinkface got laid off, my hours got cut so after I paid the minimum on my bills I had like $10 for 2 weeks, and I wasn't even working a job I liked. It sucked. I thought there was no happiness in sight. I begged God, BEGGED Him to make things better. And of course it did eventually, and I know see the lesson, and how strong and resilient I am because of it. But every time someone hit me with the "comforting words" I wanted to punch them. I couldn't see the reason then so it didn't matter to me. I didn't do anything to deserve this. I helped anyone I could. I may be a tad harsh at times, but that is whats charming about me *smile*. Why me? Why did I have to go through this? But someone once said " No One had learnED their lesson while their are still learnING"

But I guess we don't get to pick who is considered "good" people. And maybe last year was consequences from my college Target days *side eye at Dani and Alex*. Or maybe God was telling me he missed me and put a little fire under my ass to make me realize I can't be anything without Him. Either way I got through it. So, short of death, I have to realize that the bad things that happen to good people, are the catalyst to turn them into GREAT people. Those who we have lost were just too great for this world...

So I hope if you are going through something and read this post you realize a few things:

-You could be worse off
-This is just a bump in the road to make sure your appreciate the arrival to the destination God has set for you
-Don't go through this for no reason. Learn from it.
-Realize that maybe God is just asking for a little attention

RIP Irene, Daddy, Gody Pauline. And keep my friends health in your prayers please.

No comments:

Post a Comment