Friday, July 16, 2010

Can't turn a hoe into a house wife...

Sooooo I was watching TvOne the other night shout out to FIOS, and the Eve show came on. It was the episode where they got caught on "Girls Gone Wild" and homegirls husband hanging from her single friends. They got in some big hoopla confrontation and he said "Guys may date girls who like to party, but they will never marry them". Now, I think I agree however, men always seem to have an excuse about why they don't want to get married, but I digress. I am looking at the evidence around me and in my own life...

Me and Stinkface been dating for 7 years on July 21st. SEVEN YEARS. We have been talking about marriage seriously since 2005. Yet it took an additional 5 years from him to actually propose. I am not bitter or mad. I honestly was never expecting a ring, just to set a date and get married. However, actually getting the ring and hearing this statement made me think. I partied at Temple every weekend I wasn't in NY all of Sophomore year, and pretty much a lot of junior year. Senior year and second senior year hardly ever. But when I came home... sheesh! When I was in NY for the weekends I just wanted to chill with Stinkface and my family, but now that I was home permanently, and 21, I wanted to catch up with my girls. We partied a lot. Parties I didn't even wanna go to. BX clubs, Westchester clubs, City Clubs. Lord, I am getting sleepy just thinking about it. If you know me, for the past year I hardly partied. I actually loathe going to clubs or staying out too late. I hate the city. I hate seeing the city on the weekends. I would be happy bowling, going to Buffalo Wild Wings, chilling at the movies, chilling at someone house. Even if its a party, let it be somewhere within 10 mins of my house shout out to Mingles. I have worried about work and chilling with my friends in non-party settings. Now... Poof. I'm engaged... *side-eye at Stinkface*.

I mean, I don't know if this is just a coincidence. An honestly I don't care. It makes sense to me. Maybe its from having convos with Stinkface, or having convos with my male friends, but when a guy is ready to settle down... they really mean settle. They don't mind going out with you if they like to party, but when you go out to party all the damn time they don't like it. They may not say it, but they don't. They have this vision of you drunk, grinding on some random guy, giving out your number, and meeting the man you potential will cheat on him with, if you didn't cheat then and there. And to give men credit, some women are like that, as we saw in that infamous video that people *coughmecough* sent around. With these thoughts, you get the immediate thought of "can't turn a hoe into a house wife" which half of them end of doing anyways. Not saying they think you are a hoe, but men when they get in relationships get crazy. They are really guarded and don't wanna be the dumb guy who marries the neighborhood jump-off. I KNOW Stinkface didn't think this about me *another side eye at Stinkface* but he probably wanted me to settle down and get it out my system before we made it official. I don't know, I read into things. But it makes sense. I love Stinkface and he doesn't party anymore and neither do, I and I like it that way. We stay our asses home with our Netflix. Honestly, if Stinkface was always partying I would not have wanted to marry him either. In all the years we have dated, he went to a club with me once. I played the lotto that day. I wish he would go with me more, but I would rather he be a homebody like me (just a little more than me) than someone who leaves me home alone.

Now I have even seen a lot of women who have dated guys and them partying caused stress and/or to break up. I also know great couples who party together. So is this a general rule about women partying in the "when to give up and get married handbook" all men have (except the guys who married the partiers)? So maybe this isn't truth, but I still believe it. I can see why it makes sense.

The thinking your girl is a hoe is bit much, but I damn sure understand not wanting to settle wit someone who is never settled.

No comments:

Post a Comment