Thursday, July 29, 2010

I Wish I Could Quit You...

I was on the phone today with a client, as she is in my ear explaining her interest in social media, and how it pertains to market research which I dont care about right now, I am singing Chris Brown No Bullsh*t in my head. SMH...

My name is Sioban, I'm a 25 year old Temple University alum, and I LOVES me some C Breezy... *sigh*

I hated Chris Brown when he came out. I refused to be infatuated with the 15/16 year old who was dancing and jiggabooing all crazy. However, 2006 was the year of the "Summer of the Nomad" where I took summer classes at Temple but had no apartment to live in so I wandered from house to house, but resided mainly with my homegirls on Brown street. *Side Note- That had to be one of the most random, most stressful, best summer of my entire life. Definitely in my Top 3 Best Summers.* The tricky minx, aka Niney, was in love with Breezy the 16yr old phenom, cause he was light, had dimples, and was from VA (basically her twin). Her tricky ass used to have me drop her to work in her car, but would only leave the Chris Brown CD in the car so I had to listen to it. She really wanted me to like him. I would listen to the radio, or nothing at all, to avoid being sucked into the Cult that was Chris Brown....

Until that faithful day

I was driving Niney aka Bubble accent over the e to work. Chris Brown was playing (of course) but I had gotten pretty good at drowning him out. She got out the car, and before I had the chance to switch to the radio, the beat drops for "Poppin"... The rest is history.

I don't want to like Chris Brown so much. I really don't. I didn't want to tear up and ADAMANTLY resist the urge to run barefoot, cross country to hug him during his MJ tribute. But I do. Can't change that now. Oh but that's not it! there are other things I wish I didn't like but I do... Forgive me sweet 8lb baby Jesus...

My Guilty Pleasures...
-Chris Brown, but we knew this

-Shoes. Not just shopping for them, but never letting them go. I have shoes that are falling apart, and I have the money to replace them, but it so hard to say goodbye (esp when you a size 10.5 and finding cute shoes is like finding a Christian at Freaknic). Stinkface throws shoes away when I am not looking. But I know when my babies are out of place and I take them out the trash and return them promptly to my shoe tree! Hmph

-Slim Jims.(remember, this is a judgment free zone). I love me some Slim Jims. Like, I can prob eat 8 in one sitting, and the only reason its only 8 is cause that's the limit I gave myself. SMH. Its horrible

-Reality TV. I want to be reading a book. I want to be studying for my GMAT. But I think its the thought that there are people who are doing worse of than me, and exploiting themselves, that brings me childish joy

-Goodo Kola. My west Indians will understand. IDK what is in that damn thing, but I swear its the 4loko of sodas. Its addicting, its like a super sugar surge of kola. And I am 83% sure there are traces of PCP, Angel Dust, Heroine, Crack, and/or Ex.

-Ignorance. Yes, I know. This is random. However, I love ignorance. I want to be one of those people who get offended when I hear the word "n*gga", or be outraged, when people make jokes about black people doing nothing but drinking Koolaid, and eating ribs, fried chicken, and watermelon. Or when someone says Porch Monkey, Jiggaboo or Coon. But I don't. Actually, as I wrote all of this just now, I giggled like a toddler being tickled... SMH...

I know there are things y'all wish you could quit other than your job. I KNOW I am not alone

And yes. I know I need help

3 comments:

  1. I just want to point out that you are HI-Larry- O U S!!! Bon-Bon your a mess, and I love it!


    -Todd

    ReplyDelete
  2. lmao... Don't judge me Todd! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol...I agree; I am over here cracking up...catching up on these posts is just what I needed! Lol

    ReplyDelete