Monday, March 28, 2011

The Rise of the "GAN"

Twitter will ruin your life. It was another 4am night... Worth it though. In the midst of it I called someone's boo a jawn (apparently I say the word a lot)... I was told that the guys don't like it... so I called them a "GAN"- gray area n.gga... (for the purpose of all my readers, I use n.gga for all races. If your offended I apologize that your a sensitive joint and advise your read another blog). This term stemmed out of another convo from sat, where we noticed the percentage of people actually in a relationship and "claiming" each other has decreased dramatically...

Now I am new to this so bear with me and my observations...

I remember in like 2004/05 my homegirl Meka went to go see this guy, when he kissed her and left the car, I asked "Oh, you talking to him?" The whole car laughed at me and she responded "No, he my boyfriend. Who talks anymore?". Y'all know I haven't been single since 16, so I don't know whats hot in the streets... but apparently just "talking" is back... and in come the gray area n.gga...

In this age or "grinding" and "hustling" no one has time time be committed to the obvious time and dedication it takes to be in a relationship. Understandable. Some time people just do not want to be accountable to someone. Again, understandable. But as months pass, and just f.cking turns to f.cking with feelings... What do you do then? What do you call this person? How do you act with this person? Cause next thing you know you on Twitter at 3am and you see sublims but you don't even know if they for you...

Disclaimer- Twitter can f.ck the money and moot up... don't let it be you fellas...

This gray area is not small... its is actually the majority of 20 something years olds status right now... Boo, joint, jawn, FWB, "that n.gga", jump off, "thats just my friend", side piece, etc... these are all cute moniker whose underlying meaning is "I don't know what the f.ck going on so Im gonna just make up a nickname for this person".

The funny part is no one know how to act. My homegirls had a convo that went like this HG1- "How you break up with a n.gga you just talking too?" HG2- "Just stop talking"... So how you know if you ain't speak to this person in 24hrs y'all still cool? How do you respond? Can you really get mad..? Not really cause you know what it is... but that's not gonna stop you now is it? Lol. Is that salty feeling you have in the morning, when you realize that he/she dont remember the sweet sh.t the text you/said to you on the phone (drunk)the night before, really justified?



Oh...

Disclaimer- This is in NO WAY shots fired, or sublims... im chillin and enjoying the ride... These are just observations I have seen.

This isn't just about females. Men don't know whats going on... Usually probably cause females are emotional creatures and we don't like to be confused. So we may act out of pocket. Check us. No, really. Its fine... Its lets us know you still want to do this and we will have a seat... for now

I do realize that the root of all this gray area is sex... hence why I am a virgin. I want no parts...lol


I hope y'all weren't coming here for a solution or some magnificent insight to the GAN either, cause you know I don't know. LOL

1 comment:

  1. About damn time you update this blog (when are you going to update the dictionary?). Im going to start calling all my boo's "GAN". Like Im talking to GAN 1 and GAN 2. I deal with West Indian men mostly so you know they have no problem checking a woman.

    ReplyDelete