Monday, May 9, 2011

Dont Do Shit You Cant Afford....

One of the many rules black people can not adhere too. Dead Ass. including me tho


"@KoolestKidOut .....
I told my man to come to my charity event. Money said "I can't. I'm saving my money for Cancun" naaaaaaa"

My homeboy Kam inspired this post with that tweet. I was disgusted. I was going to retweet but I couldn't even do it. I came straight here. What kind of shit are we on now a days? No seriously. Isn't that the most asinine thing I have heard in so long. So you can coon in Cancun and get drunk? But you cant spend 15 dollars on 2 drinks to help support kids that probably live in the apartment next to you. Oh...

We. Have. To. Do. Better.

While working at Macy's, there was a Santa ringing a bell collecting money for kids at Christmas. I remember being outside on lunch, on the phone, when a young girl asked her mom if she can put $5 dollars in the bucket to help. I thought that was so sweet...

Until the ratchet ass mother replies "If I give you $5 to put in, that's just gonna be less money for your gifts. You don't want that do you?" I think that's the day I started to loose faith in our future. How f.cking sad is that? You are teaching your kids to be selfish and think about themselves before helping out hers who really need it?

If this is the shit we are instilling in young children then we have no hope.

Now to the original point of the post. We have to stop doing shit we can not afford. Why you buying out the bar knowing that you not gonna be able to eat lunch for the rest of the week until pay day next Friday? Oh so niggas can say you bought the bar out on twitter? Those niggas eating B...you know why? Cause you bought their drinks... Only thing you got out of it was a new profile pic of you holding a Ciroc bottle you probably didn't even get to drink any of.

I am not gonna lie, I have went on vacay knowing good and well money gonna be hella tight when I come back. I've went shopping for new shoes knowing I should be putting money in my savings account. But I have never acted a coon and not paid my bills before vacay. Or neglected my responsibilities so that way I can act like Fabolous and throw it in the bag anymore.

Sometimes you need to get away. At one point or another, we are all gonna be broke. But broke is a temporary state. These kids RKidsNYC is trying to help are poor. That's their way of life. Permanent until they can change it. Or you help them change it.

Dead Ass... We. Have. To. Do. Better....

RKidsNYC Happy Hour
Bar 12
34th and 3rd
May 20th
6pm-11pm

No comments:

Post a Comment