Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Profile Picture Cheat Code

So its 6:30am. I hear the Skype tone go off on my phone. I look over and see my cousin ringing me. Now we are always the last to know things so I KNEW it wasn't an emergency. Mind you, its 6:30am and I'm at work...

Me- What Bitch

Her- You sound cranky

Me- You Not serious right now

Her- Ok well I'm on Facebook and I see my Gan new profile pic...

So, the issue is this. She used to talk to this guy. They fell off but they were still cool. Talked ever so often, and she actually was annoyed with some of the things that he did. She was (or convinced herself that she was) over him and the situation

Until he got a new profile pic on FB...

Now he there, looking all chocolatey... skin glistening, smile poppin, arms looking swole... and now her draws are wet...smh

I know she is not the only one who has fell for the the trap. Shit, I almost fell for the trap today right after. I hardly log on to FB on the comp, so while I was there I looked around and stumbled upon a guy I used to like page...

And there he was, looking sexier than I remember... and there I was at 6:45ish am feeling lusty... I immediately shut the FB page and started watching some Ices Brown videos to divert my mind from the inevitable. Crazy part, my situation isn't too far from my cousins. I don't like him like that anymore... just cool. Speak/text every once in a while, and I'm sure if I saw him in person I wouldn't feel any type of way... I'd hug him, chat it up for a bit, then keep it moving...

So what is about the profile pic that catches you up...? My theory... Its the fact you get to see the person in all their silent glory. None of the flaws you hear/see when they're on the phone or next to you. Just remember the good shit as you look at them looking good. They know what they doing. No one purposely puts up ugly profile pics/avis... they want to look as good as possible



DONT FALL FOR IT HOES!

I know you sitting there, looking at his pic, thinking damn... He looking good... Its summer time... you feeling lusty... hot and bothered...remembering all the sweet shit he used to say, that smile, the way he grabbed your hair when he hi...ummm... We getting off track...

There is a reason y'all fell off. He rude, he doesn't call you back, he is a liar, a fraud, he took your money, he doesn't do the shit he did before you let him see your 5 for $25 Vickies, he doesn't even play the "special playlist" when you come over anymore...

Andre 3000 said it best "Spaceships, don't come equipped, with rear view mirrors"

Don't look back, look forward. If you think its gonna work then fine... BUT... if you know nothing is gonna happen other than a nut, some messed up hair, and maybe a walk of shame... is it worth it?

<---- Dont let this be you...

No comments:

Post a Comment