Sunday, June 13, 2010

What About Your Friends...


Circa 1992, is dead ass my FAVORITE TLC song ever... I used to still get dumb hype when it played. Never understood my infatuation until I got older. Good friends, sh*t good associates, are hard to come by. I have some of the most amazing group of friends the United States The universe has to offer... I have no doubt in my mind that whateva goes down in my life... I won't be going down alone.

What brings this on you say? My soon to be husband who is happens to be pissing me off today but I digress has a friend whose 16 yr old niece went down to Florida to visit her friend taking summer classes at some random college down there, got drugged and gang raped. When Stinkface (dont judge me for bestowing him this name but keep it in your memory for future reference)told me this, I was in complete shock and awe. After the initial and mandatory question of "is she ok?" My next one was, "Where the f*ck was her friend?". To which his reply was.."Not with her"

Now, this bring me back to my statement before. I got some great damn friends. If this was 16yr old Ms_She, you think anyone of my friends would of left me alone. If I decided I wanted to be a little promiscuous, then whoever I was there with either pulling my fast ass out or we whoring together (not saying his friends niece is a whore, I am just trying to make a point). Friends dont leave friends up sh*t creek without a paddle, they help them row that mother f*cker with their hands.

This brings me to another incident that happened at my college after I graduated. Long story short, homegirl couldn't fight and got cut by the other girl she INITIATED the fight with, and her friends huddle around, and did nothing but take her to the hospital (while still a good gesture, not the point of the lesson)... Now there are some things that are wrong with this picture...

-Why start a fight if you KNOW you can't fight?
-#MsSheLifeLesson- Don't fight ugly people, they have nothing to loose (I dont know what the non cut girls face looked like, just threw that in there)
-#MsSheLifeLesson- If said fight does go down, don't be the only one bleeding
-Now the REAL point, WHY IN THE DAMN DIDN'T HER FRIENDS JUMP IN?

Now as a 25 year old, semi professional woman, I dont like to fight. I actually avoid it at all cost. If need be necessary, I will turn in Shaniqua from the hood without a second thought. As I said before, my friends are the family I choose, and I shed blood for my blood.

Now the point... Choose your friends wisely. And don't be the bullsh*t friend I blog about.

Also, please pray for this 16 year old girls recovery, both mentally and physically.

S/O to the homegirls....

No comments:

Post a Comment