Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Whats Your Favorite Breathe You Ever Took?

Weird ass question right? Someone posted this on Facebook and at first I laughed, then I realized... damn... that deep. The average person takes 12 breathes per minute, and at 25 (and 6 months) I am at about 157,680,000 breathes so far (give or take). Have you ever sit down and thought about that? We need air to live but we never even stop to even consider a breathe unless its someone's stinky ass breathe in my face cause I hate body odor or how important it is, or how different our life would be without the ability to breathe.

Now I KNOW I can't narrow it down out of all them breathes to my 1 favorite, but I can give you some of my top

-The one I finally let go (cause I had been holding it) after I checked my grades December 22nd 2007 and realized that I was finally a Temple University Graduate
-The one after my and Stinkface kissed for the first time mushy I know, dont judge me
-The one I took as my step-father saved me from drowning in Action Park wave pool when my dumb 7yr old ass thought I could go to the deep end
-The one I took when both my brothers came home and I smelled them. I love the smell of non-shitty babies
-The one I took when I saw my bank account after my first check at this job *insert Plies Plenty Money song here*
-The one I took after Stinkface proposed... If you know the story of the proposal, you know I was breathing angrily for about 6 hrs prior...

Reflecting on this made me think, well damn, how many other things have I taken for granted in this life. These past few months, engaged and all, I know I been taking for granted Stinkface, he going through everything I am going through plus more. My negative attitude lately has made me bitter (those who know me KNOW I am not bitter... blunt, crier, loud=yes, bitter= no). He doesn't deserve that, and yesterday started my road to changing that. My job... even though sweet8lb baby Jesus knows I hate it, it has allowed me to pay my bills, afford some luxuries *coughshoppinghabitcough*, and have extra to be comfortable. However, I said yesterday I am done being comfortable... I am gonna push myself to go for a better job, so I can add accepting an offer from my dream job to my favorite breathes. Even though my health isn't the best, its extremely far from the worst, and I am thankful God hasn't taken me down a path of serious illness. My friends (S/O to the homegirls). I know they sick of me...lol. I complain about everything. My weight, my hair, my looks, my job, my family... who the hell else knows this is where Dee would act like she caught the holy ghost cause she would be agreeing so hard. My family, even they get on my last damn nerve, I have no clue what or where I would be right now with out them, especially my grandma. And God. My relationship with Him has been lacking and I have no excuse. He is the one supplying me with these breathes and I haven't shown Him how much everything He has done for me is appreciated. Like I said... All that stopped yesterday. I can't promise drastic changes overnight, but I can promise I am now aware and that's the first step to recovery...

I also can tell you some of my favorite breathes I'm looking forward too
-The one I take when they place that MBA in my hand
-The one I take after my first born is delivered (not preggers... just saying)
-The one I take a Mrs. Fairclough... or hopefully the one I take when he becomes Mr. Massiah... lmao
-The one I take when I win the lotto wishful thinking

So for real though... take a minute and think about your favorite breathe... if it doesn't get you thinking about life like it did me, its will a least bring a smile to your face

2 comments:

  1. I just want you to know you are a WHOLE coon for inserting Plies' "I got Plenty Money" lmfao

    ReplyDelete
  2. I played that every time I got paid from July-Oct. Now I play it whenever I get a commission or bonus. Lol. Gets me everytime

    ReplyDelete