Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A better me? Or a blinder one?

Ok so Sat we went to Spa Castle in Queens for one of my family members who is really a friend bday. @T_Lloyd(I know she dont like he name out there) is the one who inspired me to start this blog and for this small piece of sanity, I thank her...

But I digress... I couldn't find my one piece bathing suit to go into the pool at the Spa so I figured I would put on the bikini I bought for Spring break 4 years and 20lbs ago. I was gonna wear a wife beater and my gray Temple shorts as a cover up, but when we got there, the separate lockers, orange and pink cult clothes, and a dying phone battery got me confused and I left everything but what was on me in my locker. So pool time came and I was just too lazy to go down stairs for the pool clothes... so I shed the cult uniform and went in... with just my bikini. EEK! Thinking about it now I shiver at how I must of looked. I do not have stretch marks or anything like that, but I am not skinny. I dont know if it was the weight I lost, or the fact it was my ex-unofficial roomie's bday and we were having so much fun, that I wasn't even bothered. I know I wasn't looking like a Vickie Secrets model, but no one screamed, vomited, or did the sign of the cross at my thunder thighs or unflat stomach. That's a big deal for me. Even when I bought the bikini at first, I wore shorts with it. Maybe I am becoming more secure, maybe I just dont give a f*ck what people say about me cause no matter what I do they are going to talk if they want. I had fun, my T.Lloyd had fun, we all had fun... and that's all that matters! Three of my homegirls even went into the sans clothes room. I'm semi jealous of them. I wish I had the confidence to go in there. But like I said before... Baby Steps. However, next time we go, I will go in that room (I just need to make sure my Brazilian on point cause I saw some fro's out there). I am not going to make a habit out of wearing a bikini, this time was an accident, but at least I wore it... in public!

Happy Bday My Love


PS-It took me forever to find a pic of just us... This is unacceptable

No comments:

Post a Comment