Thursday, January 20, 2011

We got to do better....

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhmWBmmKYH64Z1GzrR

This is a video of a man getting shot in his home when they did a drug raid. All he did was open his door and he was murdered. He was 45 and a drug addict, not dealer, but the sh*t still crazy. I started to tear up because I really worry about the safety of black men in this world. Ya'll know I am not biased towards race, but somethings you just cant avoid. Minorities are dying at an alarming rate, especially from murders from their own people. Sh*t makes my heart bleed because I see my brothers and I know its only so much longer I can protect them. Or my god sons. Just the thought of someone coming to me saying one of them got shot brings tears to my eyes.

So now, on top of our own internal issues, we have people shooting us like roaches with raid. Nah, b. I can not get down with this. I may get back lash for this but I believe we are part of the problem with this too. From the outside looking in, people are probably saying "if they don't care about their life why should we?" I am not saying their right, I am just saying neither are we. Its been years since Martin Luther King Jr, died and although things aren't the same, they are far from great. I don't want us to skip down the street singing negro spirituals holding hands. I dead ass just want us to be able to walk down the street without the possibility of death.

It hurts my heart. I cant change the world, and I cant protect my brothers and godsons. My wish is to never have the be at their funeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment