Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Alchemist

So, Im reading the Alchemist and for those who have not read it, I recommend you do. Long story short its a book finding your personal legend (purpose in life) an listening to your heart. It focuses on listening to your heart, being happy and moving past fears and obstacles, and the comfort zone to fulfill these legends (90% of my friends need to read this book like yesterday)

If you been keeping up with my blog, you know I been on my career kick lately (I probably should of been on it years ago but I digress) And tho book was exactly what I needed. It gave me a new look on life that i lost a while ago. My positivity. I have been looking at my life with negativity and heavy heart because of not reaching my goals or shaving clear view on what I want to do in this life. Now I look back and smile. My journey has been an awakening. The book has opened my eyes to that. This year has been probably the most important in my life. Legitimately the best and worst year of my life. I have been broke and broken, abandoned by friends and embraced by enemies. Had the naivety of a new born and gained the wisdom of a grandmother.

One of the best lessons I took from the book was that nothing happens over night. I get upset that things take long sometimes... and want immediate results. It takes tim, patience, and prayer (which I have been slacking on) and you may hit rock bottom but please NEVER STOP...

My ignorance was bliss in January. This year has brought pain, but pain is pleasure and I am enjoying every breathe I take, every second I live, and embracing every experience.

The book also speaks of omens from God and paying attention to them and following them (good and bad) I believe that this book was an omen in my personal legend journey. God must have saw my discouragement. He saw me slipping and sent this book to remind me that I still have to fulfill my purpose

The line that left me me speechless

"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse that suffering itself and that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second encounter with God and with eternity"

Shit gave me chills.

No comments:

Post a Comment