Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Confirmation

So, I had to bring light to this... cause Lord knows when it will happen again. My last post meant a lot to me... but the comment one of my best friends left... means more than all the posts on this blog combined. I've read it a million times and I cry every single time. When I saw it, I called her bawling, and her evil self laughed. She has no idea, and probably never will know the significance her words have had on me tonight. But I will say this... If I had any doubt about my "talent"... they have been squashed.

Thank you.

1 comments:T Lloyd said...

Usually I don't do this but...[in my R. Kelly voice] I have to comment. I have been waiting for this day, since you broke off your engagement. The truth is, that you're the only one who doesn't know how amazing you are. You're the rock and that may seem like a boring position because it doesn't usually move, it's not flashy, and people usually take it for granted but THE ROCK HOLDS SOMETHING, (even if it is just a patch of grass) DOWN!!!! I have struggled with keeping your purpose to myself and being patient enough to allow you to discover it on your own and I'm glad that it came from an unsuspecting place (Ron, God bless you).

You don't have to be anything but what you are. It may seem weird and unimportant watching everybody chase their dream but I'd be lying if I didn't say how admirable it is to be the person driving us toward that dream when we're tired, discouraged and weary. Your dream, your purpose is NO LESS IMPORTANT. I told you one day, that the only reason I'm thankful for your last breakup is because it created the space for you to love someone else. What I didn't say is that the space was for YOU. You are gifted in loving everyone around you, but your purpose helps you love yourself. I will, as many others should as well, take the blame for not getting you to this point sooner. We don't say thank you enough. We don't express our gratitude the way we should. We're not as good as loving as you are, please forgive us.

I think I'm tearing up, but let me talk my sh.t. The thing is, that there is not a day that goes by that I don't imagine you by my side as I conquer my biggest, happiest,and saddest struggles. I don't tell you enough how much I love you for loving me. That's a damn job that no one and I mean NO ONE, can do like you.

I'm glad that you have a purpose that brings you joy. I don't know anybody that wants to look into a crowd and not see their biggest supporter. I and the rest of your friends are EXTREMELY BLESSED, that when we look out into a dark crowd, we see your face looking back at us.

No comments:

Post a Comment