Monday, February 14, 2011

What's Love got to do with it???


Have people always been this bitter on Valentines day???

This is a serious question. Maybe I have been so wrapped up in love and sh*t the past 10yrs I didn't notice all the angry sh*t people are saying and doing. This is my first Vday in 10years I am single and I don't feel no type of way. I am celebrating with my homegirl Elon and we getting lobster quesadillas. I have people that I care about and love in my life and I am grateful for that. This day isn't about love for one person, even though it is nice, its about expressing love to everyone you have that emotion too. I always try and get something for my family and friends. I am in love with love tho. I told y'all I am a hopeless romantic. I am getting the word "Love" tatted on me somewhere. But these joints out here angryyyyy. Maybe I am the exception (which I love to think).


Ok- cue twitter. Females and Males is going in alike. Joints out here using Twitter like therapy. Calm down mamita, you will find love one day... but not through twitter cause now all the n*ggas who follow you think you psycho. And guys acting like they wasn't cuffing some broad all of 365 days ago, singing love songs and buying Roche candy... now n*ggas wont pay the 27 cents for the extra sweet and sour sauce for a joint nuggets cause its the 14th. Lowkey, you mad too...

I'm not bitter but maybe because Valentines was never just about the date for me. I always told everyone I cared about happy valentines day and tried to show it. It would of been nice to have some red roses on my desk, yes... but waking up to my brother hand me a hand made card and say in his cracking puberty voice "Here she she, you my valentine... bring me a cupcake home" or my best friend Diandra buying me a Crumbs cupcake made my day. Things like that mean a lot to me... Even a random ass text saying "Happy Val day miss" made me smile.

So all you bitter mother f*ckers out there cut the sh*t. Appreciate the fact that you are loved or cared about and show someone even someone you not f*cking you care too. Some people have not even experienced love... of any kind... ever.

Happy Valentines Day...

1 comment: