Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Black Pain

Book I am reading during my Happy Week on depression in the black Culture. I am still only on the first chapter, but I am already deeply touched. I honestly thought i was sick in college. Physically sick. I thought depression a few times, but I convinced myself with my West Indian mentality that I had nothing to be depressed about.

I feel better now, but I honestly don't know if my depression is gone or just on sabbatical. I honestly do not know if it was depression. But I do know it was something that made me sleep 13+ hours. Miss class for no apparent reason. Cry myself to sleep in my big lonely RA room. Believe I had a heart condition to the point where I got Xrays on my heart because things would make me so nervous you could literally feel my heart jump... not beat... JUMP. I will finish reading this book and give a full review... but I just had to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment