Friday, October 8, 2010

Imprints

OK, so last night I went and spent sometime with two of my very close friends. You know how you miss something, but don't realize how much you miss it til you are there? Yea. That was this. We used to be together everyday, but as jobs, families, and other personal priorities took precedent, we went from seeing each other to once a day, to once a week, to once a month, to once in a while. I could always count on them to be there when I needed, and I hope they felt the same. But lately, since we hardly talk or text, nevermind see each other, I started to wonder if they didn't miss me as much as I miss them, or if I was hanging on to a friendship that just wasn't meant to be.

But last night, as I sat on my friends bed, and she updated me on the funny stories, and they listening to my endless issues, I felt like we were all still working together. I felt like it was back in the day when Stinkface would get mad cause we wouldn't spend any time together cause I was always with them. I don't know if they felt the same way, but it made the last 2 days of craziness kind of drift away.

These type of people, are the people I can always count on. They leave imprints on you. There are quite a few in my life, and for that I have to be grateful. No matter how long you apart, how long you don't talk, how long its been since a damn facebook wall post was made... when you guys get together, its like you saw each other yesterday. Remember how I say I can feel alone in a room full of people? These type of friends are the reason that I know if I was in California, lost in a maze, or a cornfield, or some crazy sh*t like that... if i needed them, there would be no hesitation to help me. My homegirl said to me last night "You will always have help. You know you wouldn't be going through anything alone". This heffa didn't even look up from the computer screen, it was a nonchalant convo to her, but that sh*t brought tears to my eyes. Even though you know if you need someone they will be there, it is nice to hear it every once in a while.

I kind of tear up writing this cause as I'm thinking about it, I got some banging ass friends. And to my ride or dies, my fiances, my boos, my wives, my twins, my soulmates, my pancake faces, my pancake butts, my oompas, my mouckeys, my snookies, my bounkeys, my personal advisors, my bubbles, my puff puffs, my malaria carriers lol, to my HOMEGIRLS... I love you guys, and I want you to know that I am here whenever you need me. Even if I haven't seen you months or even years, Me and Barney will be there, whenever you need us. You left a special imprint in my life that I wouldn't want to wipe of if I could cause I tried with some of you

Crazy Part is, my friends who inspired this post, may never even read it. Not cause they don't want to read my blog... just cause they will forget...lol... Love them hoes



1 comment: