Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Happy Week

Thats what I declared this week to be. Random I know right? Well, why you ask? Because its what i want to do...

My grandfather passed away Columbus weekend and a lot has been going on. I haven't seen him since I was 15 and hoping to get to Antigua soon to see him one last time, but I guess God's will to see him was stronger than mine. I am on bereavement, and during this time, I have realized life is too short. Granddad was 82, so his wasn't, but he did whatever made him happy. He had a smile that shone thru his eyes, and you can tell he enjoyed life. He hurt some people along the way with his actions, but honestly, everyone hurts someone at one time or another in their life, so why not get some joy out of the pain right?

Back to my Happiness Week. I am doing any and everything that makes me happy. Yes... I am. Some people *cough TLloyd Cough* wont believe this. They know me and know this will take some time. But its happening slowly and surely. First started with Homecoming weekend. Even though I missed a lot of my favorites, I got to spend time with my Uzo who has been MIA and I didn't realize how much I missed her, and I got to go on a road trip (in MY car) with my Soulmate and my Moucks. Sunday was so beautiful. Just driving in the car, looking at the fall leaves, listening to a bunch of random 90's songs, eating cheese fries, laughing, and screaming... It was the perfect kick off too this week. Monday I just chilled. I didn't get to sleep late cause I had to chauffeur Grandma, but I didn't mind. I love Grandma, and making her happy made me happy. I sat in my bra and panties and UGGs just watching TV and eating Chinese food... TMI? Guess what... I dont care. Lol. Today I had some errands to run, but that is ok. Because my happiness week is just the beginning, its the beginning of the rest of my life of happiness. So if i need to handle a few admin things this week, so continue this forever, then I'm cool.

Tomorrow is Granddad's funeral. I have more errands to run, but as expected, tomorrow is my faith day. I need to evaluate my closeness and relationship with God. Pray, meditate, reflect. Speak with Daddy, Granddad, and Grannie, who are all together right now, smiling their big smile down on me, and probably plotting on how to have their spirits tease me (their a bunch of jokesters)Thursday is errand day again, and Friday Sat and Sunday is resting.

I have a few things on my list to add to my happiness. reading, movies, cutting my relaxed ends off (yup you read right), finishing my resume and some applications, being naked as much as possible (I am trying to love and embrace my body more, judge if you must), go see my brothers first basketball game of the season (he my little Michael Jordan) spend qt with Stinkface (the PG and X rated kind), get a tattoo, and whatever the hell I feel. Shoot, I even made a PB&J sandwich... and that sh*t was good..

I'm sorry it took Granddad passing for me to come to this realization that I need to be happy, but at least some good came out of the pain. I want him to be proud of me. I want to be able to enjoy life to the fullest. I want when its my time to go, I have family members who think of my memory, and remember the big smile I always had that you could see in my eyes...

RIP Adonis Alexander Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment