Sunday, August 21, 2011

The favor friend

You are sitting down... Minding your business...

You feel your phone vibrate... Its a text

You see who its from....

You immediately know that mother fucker wants something.

It does not fail. Everyone has at least one "friend" that ONLY hit you up when they need something. Some fein concern and general interest in your life, but within 3 text messages, their true motive comes out...

Them: Hey!
You: Whats up?
Them: Nothing, chillen. How you been?
You: Good... Doing the same.
Them: Thats whats up.... i have a quick question...

Usually, thats where they insert the favor or hook-up they need. I don't mind doing favors for my friends. At all. Actually, people say I help out too much. Im too nice. But when people only hit you up when they need something. That pisses me off. Y'all will get no response. This may sound a little conceited or what not and I don't give not one fuck but I am a good ass person. You only keeping me around for favors and they not sexual, you might as well lose my number, cause I will not be responding. I have a "friend" who don't even hit me with the 3 message courtesy. She just text "you home". I don't even answer, cause I know all she want is a ride. We used to be so close, but I would text/call her to ask about her daughter and how life and he reply would be "fine, but can I get a ride to Target". Literally. Direct quotes.

I just think its sad when people don't see the value of their friendship, just what can be done for them. I mean I know friends are supposed to be there for each other, but thats not supposed to be the makeup of the friendship, especially if its one-sided.

Appreciate your friends, not what they can do for you.

That's all

No comments:

Post a Comment