Friday, August 26, 2011

Humbled

I been humbled twice in the past week. First was at a dinner for my cousin Rams. We met in college (cause she coincidentally went to school in Philly and was good friends with one of the people I call sister) and I loved her instantly. She is a beautiful person inside and out and she is so brave. Anyone who can pick up and leave to better their life I consider brave.



Anywhoot, I digress. We were at a dinner since she was in town. Because of this lovely lay off, and the great unemployment system not sending my check yet, I was broke (whats new). I wasn't even going to go but one of my goals now that I have this free time is to reconnect with family and friends. I am so happy I did. Seeing here made my day, In the midst of it something about my blog came up. People, including Rams, had actually read it. Like keep up with it. I know it sounds crazy but I just think like 5 people read my blog. I started this as a way to keep sane, and its done that, but I didn't think any per on would relate. To hear people read it and say they enjoy it. Its crazy to me.

Second was during the week. I have sisters, but I call very few people my little sister. I can count 3. Tamara who I will always love dearly, since we found out our boyfriends were best friends in high school. Just is just such a positive person with a smile that lights up a room. Chelsea, who is 17 but so about her business. She is about money and school and success, and I am so proud of her. And one of my best friends little sisters cause I love her like she was my blood. She is an amazing person with a genuine personality.

I don't usually connect with younger females. Their catty, mixxy, not old enough to realize we made the mistake they making now. However, a few months ago, I met an amazing female. She is early 20's but her soul is like twice her age. I am proud to add her as a little sister. We had a convo this week and she said, "like, I look up to you". It took my life to hold in my tears (cause you know thugs don't cry). I can't remember the last time anyone told me that. And hearing it now, at probably one of the most bottom, discouraging times in my life, made me feel.... Indescribable. I was humbled beyond words. She probably didn't even notice, but I wanted to hug her... but I didn't want to make it awkward. lol. I love her and to have that come from her meant the world to me...

I appreciate all y'all in my life. All of y'all.

But back to my regularly scheduled program...

No comments:

Post a Comment