Thursday, September 8, 2011

For my ATL Boo

My ATL boo @Borrah20 says she loves music on the blogs.... Well this song came on while I was doing the last post....



Now I LOVE Donell Jones... I know I have blogged about his "I wanna luv you" song. Something about his smooth voice, his words,just love him!

But are y'all listening to this song? (I actually try and include videos with the lyrics so you can get a better understanding of the reason why the song is up here)

HE WAS TALKING TO HIS JUMPOFF!!!!

Nah, like this song came out in 1999... so my ass was in 8th/9th grade jamming to being someone jump off...

However, thats not the point of the post. The point is look how things have changed but are exactly the same. Sounds crazy? Let me elaborate. Men haven't changed apparently. They still looking for a nut. Whether you have a man or not. But look at the difference in how things are said. He said it with such finesse and charisma...

"I understand you got a nigga that live at home, but I want to be the cat that makes you moan"

Oh yea? Some nigga said that to you... You wouldn't consider it? You lying if you saying it wouldn't make you pause for a second.

This day an age, niggas sing about not remembering your name, doing it with no hands, and slobbing on your knob like corn on the cob suck a nigga dick or something (I actually love that song tho).

There is not allure, no romance, no chemistry in this age anymore. You know why they don't make movies like Love Jones no more? Cause no one lives like that no more. No one can relate. Instead we get No Strings Attached and Friends with Benefits (and hope we so lucky as the end). Men are so blunt, without consequence...cause girls accept it. Hell, some even initiate it. Maybe Im old fashioned, or Im asking for a lot.

Either way, i aint settling until a man talk to me like Donell Jones...

(I had to sneak it in)

1 comment:

  1. I went to go play the song like I had never heard it before. Blew my mind when I recognized I knew it but haven't heard it in FOREVER!!!! Thank you for reminding me it exists! Off to go add it to my itunes now.

    ReplyDelete