Friday, September 30, 2011

Keep Problems in Private

One of the things I heard the most when me and my ex broke up was "What happened? Y'all seemed so happy"

And thats how I wanted it. No one would know that I cried myself to sleep more times than I could count. Not even my best friends knew what was going on until the very end of the relationship.

My motto for friends, family, and romance "Keep Problems in Private". I know people talk to their homegirls and family members that they can actually stand about issues with their man, but I never got to deep in any issues I had with David. They would know we was beefing, but they never knew the extent.

I know people judge, and people always have an opinion, and sometimes, i wasn't trying to hear their wayward advice that wasn't tailored to me, my heart, or my man, so i didn't even bring it up. It was just going to confuse me more than I already was, and Lord knows I don't need any more confusing. lol

But, also at the end of the day, i was planning on marrying this man. I knew what an amazing person I thought he was so, why skew peoples perception of him? Why have them think, "damn he aint shit" when I knew at the end of the day, I still wasn't leaving? My friends and me are family, I know they wouldn't be able to be totally unbiased. They wouldn't be able to hear these stories and not want to protect me. Im the oldest out of the majority of my friends, and they all feel the need to protect me. Im not exactly sure what that says about me.

However, this isn't limited to my romantic relationships. I argue with my friends all the damn time. One of my closest friends and I can't go a month without a disagreement. I love her to death, but we bump heads constantly. Ill curse her out in one breathe, but if someone else says something sideways to her, they will get cursed out the next breathe. We have been in the same building, same room, same crowd, same table, and no one would know we werent speaking. I am the master of faking not orgasms tho. People always trying to get involved, and no one gets the communication right. Telephone was always a game that had no winner. If I ever have a problem... I address it at the source. We gonna talk... in private. I won't bring it to twitter of FB... Might bring it here tho, lol. And I try not to vent too much to friends. i feel like y'all get tired of it too much. Plus, when they get involved... this always get misconstrued... even if its not malicious.

I dont knock anyone who wants to talk about their relationship. I try my best to be in there for my friends at all times. and I try my best to be as unbiased as possible. I always say "I am the devils advocate" when my homegirls talk about their man cause I try to see both sides. At the end of the day, my loyalty is with my homegirl, but I wouldn't be a real friend if I didn't let her see both sides...

But what do I know. Im single...

No comments:

Post a Comment