Friday, September 30, 2011

Glass Half Empty or Half Full

This is the background to my phone right now



Not many people know my father passed away while my mom was 1 month pregnant with me. She didn't even know she was pregnant, and I assume neither did he. She doesn't speak about him much or have many pictures of him around. I assume she was hurt and still is so I never press it. I was able to find this one picture, and it honestly is all I need. Its actually one of my favorite pictures in life. They look so happy. I see myself in both of them in this picture... From his laugh to her kissy face... I embody both of them.

I get sad when see this picture. I think of the fact that I never got to hug my dad, or go to father daughter dances, or that one day if I ever get married Ill have to find someone to walk me down the aisle instead of automatically knowing. I get sad seeing his nose and knowing thats where mine came from, but he never knew that I inherited it.

But then I look at this picture and see it what it is for. The carefreeness in my mothers face that I haven't seen in years. The pure joy in my fathers. I know I was created with unconditional love. I see where I get my nose, my laugh, the reason I hate shoes, this El Debarge hair texture, the reason I can hold my liquor (they both holding a damn cup. lol)

Though I doubt the sadness will ever subside about my father... I know he is always with me. I feel his presence. I been saved from to many situations that could of ruined my life, or taken it to think I don't have a guardian angel in him. I look at this picture and don't see the glass empty. I don't even see it as half full.

I see a cup overflowing with love

No comments:

Post a Comment